Best download manager for Linux ! ( Like IDM )

I was in search of a download manager like IDM in Linux and I search a lot on blogs and forums, but i never get any solution. I have tried many but I never find any download managers in Linux like Internet download manager. At last I found one.. "Multiget". MultiGet is an easy-to-use GUI file downloader for Windows/Linux/BSDs/MacOs. It's programmed in C++ and has a GUI based on wxWidgets. It supports HTTP/FTP protocols which covers the requirements of most users. It supports multi-task with multi-thread on multi-server. It supports resuming downloads if the Web server supports it, and if you like, you can reconfig the thread number without stopping the current task. It's also support SOCKS 4,4a,5 proxy, ftp proxy, http proxy.

n v0.8.0, a new feature was introduced, that is so called P2SP, or in other words , get file from multiple servers, and combine the data from different site into one file. This makes downloads complete much faster.

MultiGet also supports switching language dynamically, you can choose Chinese or English interface. Generally it will automatic choose a proper language for you.

At this time(version 1.1.1), MultiGet can run on Windows 2000/XP, almost all Linux desktops, MacOs, BSDs. It can only depends on GTK+ runtime environment in Linux if statically linked with wxWidgets. It was tested on many system such as : Windows 2000, ubuntu ,kubuntu, xubuntu, fc5, opensuse10.4, mandriva 2007, MEPIS 6.0, PCLinuxOS, CentOS4.4, Puppy2.0, Xandros, edubuntu, RedFlag workstation 5, MagicLinux, dubuntu, archlinux, Hiweed, FreeBSD, MacOS etc.

To install multiget:

open a terminal and type

sudo apt-get install multiget

or

Download Files


Enjoy Downloading....!

8 comments:

  1. Try FATRAT .
    I think itz better than Multiget..

    send me your opinion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah thats also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. does it has integration with browsersss ? __ Binu PV

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes browser integration also:) but in a different way ... you just need to copy the link to the clipboard..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really sad. It looks like on Linux we have no click-and-download-with-manager solution. On Windows you just get IDM/FDM and enable browser monitoring. I've been scouring for answers to this problem for months now. FlashGot _almost_ works. Try downloading anything that has no direct link.

    Have you tried FatRat yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah i tried fatrat... but i think multiget is something better ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought I will come in contact with a real and potential hacker until I knew   brillianthackers800 at Gmail and he delivered a professional job,he is intelligent and understanding to control jobs that comes his way
    You can message on his number +1(385) 2501115,
    Contact him and be happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a successful business owner and father. I got one of these already programmed blank ATM cards that allows me withdraw a maximum of $5,000 daily for 30 days. I am so happy about these cards because I received mine last week and have already used it to get $20,000. Skylink technology is giving out these cards to support people in any kind of financial problem. I must be sincere to you, when i first saw the advert, I believed it to be illegal and a hoax but when I contacted this team, they confirmed to me that although it is illegal, nobody gets caught while using these cards because they have been programmed to disable every communication once inserted into any Automated Teller Machine(ATM). If interested get through to them on mail: skylinktechnes@yahoo.com  or  whatsapp/telegram: +1(213)785-1553  

    ReplyDelete